Intramural is a derivative of two Latin words, Intra mean within, and muros mean walls. Thus, intra muros mean within walls. The literal meaning of Intra Muros shows contests, tournaments, and matches. These occur within an educational institute’s wall and are called intramural sports. Intramural sports are the opposite of extramural sports. By definition, extramural sports include matches between teams of different institutes. The terms ‘intra’ also refers to between institutes, which is a correctness issue with this term. Hence, Intramural sports are opportunities for students to take part in on-campus sports tournaments. At the college level, many students are unaware of ‘intramural sports.’ This article will explain seven important points that every student must know about in this context.
Intramural sports aim to increase physical activities of the students resulting boost of health, sleep and work system. We know that re-creation of the brain depends upon good physical health. Such games increase blood flow towards the brain and help with the body’s detoxification process. It can be said that all students should enjoy such on-campus tournaments. Here are a few important points that every student must know about intramural sports;
Three Types Of Sports
At college and school levels, you have the option of participating in different types of sports. You are free to either make a league with your friends, or to get yourself registered in someone else’s team. The following discussion will help you understand the different types of sports.These different types of sports are given below;
- Club sports
- Intramural sports
- Collegiate sports
Difference Between Club, And Intramural Sports:
From the introduction section, we have cleared our concept of intramural sports. Club sports are a little more advanced than intramural sports. In club sports, you have a chance to arrange sports activities with teams from the other institutes. If you want to continue sports as a profession, then club sports is the best option. You can be a part of club sports even after completing your educational aspects. In clear words, intramural sports are good as your part-time activities. On the contrary, Club sports give you a chance to excel within a professional sports team.
Difference Between Collegiate, And Intramural Sports:
At the undergraduate level, universities offer funded sports and recreation activities to students. These collegiate sports are a little more organised as compared to intramural sports. An interesting thing about these sports is that they are broadcasted live. The winner also has the chance to become part of a professional sports team. In contrast, intramural sports is an informal way of arranging sports activities. For forming a league, you can get registered with your friends. If you want to continue sports as a profession, then colligate sport is the best option for you.
How To Make Your Intramural Sports Team?
According to a dissertation writing firm, the success of an intramural sports team depends on how different participants cooperate as a team. Hence, making an intramural league with your friends is a good decision. While making your intramural team, the following skills will help you a lot;
- Choose the league member from your friend circle.
- Try to maintain good teamwork practices as it is the key to success.
- Search from your neighbours or classmates to make a league.
- Try to explore the potential of each intramural player.
How To Sign In For Team Registration?
Here is a step by step guide to sign in for intramural tournaments;
- Go to IMLeagues.com.
- Create your account to get registered.
- A captain’s video on the link with help you in understanding the details.
- Try to excel in the quiz.
- Search for available activities on the IMLeague portal.
- Go for sign in guides if you face any difficulty.
- You can also take help from participant guides, and online video tutorials.
How Can I Get Registered?
After creating your account on the IMLleague portal, you should follow these steps to get registered effectively;
- Please sign in for your online team creation portal.
- At the top right side of the page, you will find the ‘create a team’ option.
- The screen will display all available types of sports.
- Select the type of sport you want to enrol in.
- The online registration portal will remain open for one week after registration. But you can later add, or delete player names in your team.
- Get registered after selecting the division in which you want to play.
How Do Intramural Teams Manage Schedules?
There is no hard and fast rule for intramural teams to join Intramural Sports Practise Programmes. Such teams have the opportunity to give as much time for practice as they want to. Tournament based practices are available for all kinds of intramural teams. But these come with certain rules and regulations.
Criteria For Intramural Sports Team Registration Fee
Most of us are curious about multi-sports fee registration criteria. There is an interesting thing about this aspect. The payer has to give a one-time registration fee (25$) at the start of semester. However, the registration team will not enrol you for only one type of sports activity. Rather, you can take part in volleyball, football, basketball, and any other sports of your choice for just 25$. Further, if you want to try intramural sports once every semester, you can select the ‘single play pass.’
Some Interesting Facts About Intramural Sports Team Formation
While forming your league, the following aspects are necessary to be kept in mind;
- The open league can contain both genders.
- Men teams can contain both men and women. But women playing in the men team cannot play in the women’s team.
- Men’s A team contains experienced and skilled players.
- Men’s B team contains social, but less experienced players.
- A fraternity is a team made by a group of people from a common organisation. It can contain both genders.
- Women teams can not contain males. They must only have female players according to the recreation team regulations.
- Few students don’t have a team to take part in intramural sports. Such students don’t need to worry because they can work as ‘Free Agents’. Another facility for a free agent is that they can search for the teams that need members. They can also join such teams and make their dreams come true.